READ & WIN PROGRAM @ MOWER CO FAIR
AUG. 5th – 10th, 2013
Get yourself down here to the library and pick up your ribbon for the Read & Win program this week at the Mower County Fair!
Here are the rules:
• Open to readers grades 1 – 6.
• One ribbon per child.
• Free or discounted items from various vendors may be picked up as coupons at the fair office anytime during the fair.
• Coupons will be handed out while quantities last.
We encourage you to take part of this program and to go into the fair office one of the first days of the fair to make full use of all the coupons offered. We do have a limited amount of ribbons, and they will be handed out in a first-come first-served fashion to the first 50 people.
Join us August 1st for a song-filled story time with Jack Pearson! This enjoyable show that is fun for all ages is FREE and open to everyone, young and young at heart. Please join us for a morning full of song, laughter, and merriment!
*This project is funded in part or whole with money from Minnesota’s Art & Cultural Heritage Project.
This Friday, July 18th @ 10 am, The Lyceums will be performing their show: “Willy Wonka’s Magical Chocolate Factory”. Come join us for a fun filled show traveling through Wonka’s wonderful world, in honor of Wonka’s 40th year!
This is a free show open to the public…great for all ages, 0-199!
This project is funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Art and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Come join us for a fun filled Wine and Canvas Event on August 12th, 2014, at The Bridge Club located at 204 4th Ave NE, Grand Meadow.
All supplies to create your masterpiece will be provided, and you may for an added fee, order food and beverages from The Bridge Club.
Come alone or with a group of friends for what is bound to be a priceless memory making event.
I already have my spot reserved and am very much looking forward to another fun evening with the talented staff of Wine and Canvas….”Moon Tree” is going to look amazing in my living room in its spot next to my last Wine and Canvas creation, “Starry Night”!
See you there!!!!
Reserve your spot today! Sign up online @: https://www.wineandcanvas.com/wine-and-canvas-calendar-rochester-mn.html
Story Time July 11th, 2014: Rainy Day Library Sharks are spotted at the Grand Meadow Public Library! The library was visited on this rainy Friday morning by a school of 22 little library sharks and 8 adult library sharks. They were brightly colored and well behaved. We read to them and did a craft time as well. Thank you to Cathy Paul and Chrissy Schumann for assisting with this large group of fresh water rain library sharks!
By request: The summer reading program has been extended! We have a 10:00 am story time, Summer Reading Challenge Book lists and the PENNY JAR!!!!!
We continue on through the summer using our reading logs to track time. Circles = 10 minutes of reading time. You are still awarded a sticker for every circle/10 minutes of reading. When your log sheet is full, you receive 5 “win it!” entries for the Penny Jar, you also get to add a roll of pennies to the Penny Jar.
On August 29th, a winner will be drawn from all the “Win It!” entries.
So….keep reading at your pace & Read what you love!
Congratulations to the Winners of the 3rd Annual MeadowfestTreasure Hunt! Our winners are:
Anthony Frien, Addie Foot, Olivia Vorpagel, Mya Clemmons, Julian Rippie,
Caden George, Makenzie George, Calum Sween, Roman Warmka, and Zac Hendrickson.
Please pick up your prizes at the library!
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2014 Quilt Raffle Winner: Miss Autumn Speer!!!! Thank you to everyone that purchased tickets. Your support is greatly appreciated! Autumn, we hope you enjoy your beautiful quilt donated and made by the talented hands of Mrs. Joan Muhs.
Summer Reading time is finally here! Join us at the Grand Meadow Public Library on Friday, June 6 to make paperbag puppet to use for our story time at 10am.
Our other summer reading events include:
- June 13 @ 10am – Touch of Magic will be performing their pirate show “Treasure Beyond Measure”.
- June 20 @ 10am – “Tell Me A Tail” the story of your perfect pet is a book template to guide the creation of a picture book.
- June 26 10am-5pm – Welcome to the kickoff of Meadowfest! Our 3rd Annual Treasure Hunt is a scavenger-type hunt for booty that ends in a prize for everyone.
- June 27 is a full day for us!
- Our first event of the day is our FINAL Summer Reading Day at the library. At 10am we will be celebrating Smokey the Bear’s birthday by hearing his story & learning abut fire safety. And…there will be cake! What kind of birthday doesn’t have cake?
- At 7pm, we have a performance by The Zinghoppers, an Emmy award winning band that specializes in fun dance-pop and hip-hop music for children and families.
The Mom Summit
FREE for Moms (and the rest of the human race) Sign up and enjoy doing something fun for yourself. Informative and fun, AND, did we mention it is FREE?